[subsection color=”dark” full_width=”1″ full_height=”1″ background=”http://www.durbanfashionfair.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/14_DFF_SDR_1411_HSL.jpg” parallax=”0″]
[separator type=”invisible” size=”” icon=”star”]
Fashion Designers Invitation
[separator type=”short” size=”” icon=”star”]
EThekwini Municipality invites fashion designers, and fashion houses within the Municipality area to be part of a Fashion Mentorship Programme.
The programme aims to capacitate and empower local fashion designers,facilitate market opportunities and network opportunities
in order to ensure growth and sustainability of their fashion businesses.
The program will consist of 7 phases:
1. 10-month Fashion Mentorship Programme
2. Business Development workshops: (Cost & Pricing and Quality Control)
3. Five day international industry workshop that will be facilitated by a fashion analyst;
4. Fashion Shows
4.1 Fashion Industry Workshop
4.3 4-day Durban Fashion Fair
5. Participation on the Fashion Pavilion during the Durban Business Fair;
6. Participation on the adopt a designer programme
7. Participation on the access to markets opportunities
A presentation will be held on Tuesday 05 November 2014 between 14h00pm -16:30pm at SEDA ASGISA hall
All interested fashion designers and fashion houses are requested to forward the following information:
1. Company Profile
2. Individual Profile/CV. Attach copies of Matric Certificate / Diploma / Degree certificate/s
3. Certified copy of ID
4. Letter of Motivation – why you should be selected for this program; your future fashion business prospects
5. Professional Portfolios – showing clothing range you’re currently working on or have worked on for the past 12 months
6. Proof of residents
7. 2 months stamped bank statement
The above documents must be delivered by no later than Friday 28 November 2014 between 08h00 – 16h00 to the address below:
Business Support Tourism and Markets Unit, 11th Floor 75 Dr Langalibalele Dube Street, Durban
All applicants should indicate if their businesses are registered. If not, the Unit will assist the designers with the process of registration through SEDA.
For more information and enquiries contact Nondumiso Mhlongo on 031 311 4578 or by e-mail: Nondumiso.Mhlongo@durban.gov.za.