The Durban Fashion Fair is the biggest fashion event in Durban and is attended by a number of fashion media, fashion buyers and the lovers of fashion. Invitation is now open for fashion forward emerging designers to showcase their Autumn/Winter Collection at this year’s Durban Fashion Fair 2015.
DFF 2015 will take place from 26-29 August 2015. This event has grown to a bigger and more creative space that will allow for unique opportunities to showcase, promote, and advance local and African design talent.
Fashion Designers are invited to showcase under the following options (commitment fee applicable):
- R 1, 500 for a combined show (3 and more designers). Combined Show requires 12 looks per designer
- R 2, 500 for a shared show (2 designers). Shared Show requires 16 – 20 looks per designer
- R 5, 000 for the standalone show. Standalone Show requires minimum 35 to maximum 45 looks
All interested fashion designers are requested to submit the following information:
- Company Profile
- Individual Profiles/CV
- Letter of Motivation
- Professional Portfolio and/or Look-Book for the collection to be showcased
The eThekwini Municipality undertakes to cover the following costs:
- Infrastructure (ramp and lighting) • Models for show with make-up and hair
- An allocated fashion director/producer • A Pop Up shop
- Meeting with the buyers • Entry to the Opening Cocktail Event
Closing date for submission of portfolios and supporting documents: Friday 10 April 2015 at 12H00 pm.
NB: Only selected designers will be permitted to showcase.
For further details and enquiries contact Pearl Mzimela on 031 322 6203 or by e-mail Pearl.Mzimela@durban.gov.za